Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

YES!

So this morning watching the "Big Dog" off of the Accuweather Professional site, where Joe Bastardi admitted that his forecast for Winter is no good anymore. He said the first thaw he predicted didn't work out and then he said it doesn't look like his thaw prediction or at least warmer weather prediction is going to work out for the rest of the winter!!!! I mean not great news for him, but for me, YES! I am happy because I see a lot more snow and cold coming to my backyard on top of the 24-30 inches of snow I have on the ground... you thought I only got 18-20 inches which is true, but we already had probably around 8 inches or more on the ground. So what exactly is in store? Well I can tell you quickly that Monday night we will have snow showers around the tristate, light and scattered, going over to a quick moderate snow north of the city while the city quickly changes to some sleet, freezing rain, rain, and some snow, before everyone in the tristate changes over to that around the morning hours of Tuesday. The NYC changes to mostly rain, with some sleet every once in a while, and just to the north its some rain with some wet snow and sleet, before I expect everyone to change over to rain around 3 pm on Tuesday. Tuesday night a period of light to moderate snow takes place before its all over with plenty of cold air and a new storm on the horizon. As for snow totals, it will be tough. The way I see it now the city at best gets 1-3 and to the north around SE NY and CT we will be lucky to see 2-4 inches. Still too far in advance, so this could change. But before that, tomorrow night we all pick up a quick dusting of snow. Thats it for now, check back on the details later!

-Scott Pecoriello