Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still snowing?!?!

Its about 1 PM, and I'm right next to a window, and It's continuing to snow outside. In fact I would classify this as a light to moderate snow right now maybe adding an additional 0.5 - 1 inch of snow. Still the roads I think are terrible here although I haven't been driving around since well we are literally snowed in. The drifting and blowing has lead to roughly 20 inches of snow in my driveway, meanwhile one of the drifts that I had to shovel measured just under 30 inches of snow!!!! The wind is still gusty so even plowing the road may not do much even though the heavy snow is over. The snow may very well just blow back into the road and stick since no one is driving and temperatures are well below the freezing mark with snow showers in the area. Actually as I blog the snow continues to get heavier, as I guess a small separate band has done some strengthening. So for now this is it with the storm, any flurries should be done by tonight. It will be interesting to what the school calls are for tomorrow, and actually some exciting things to leave you with, one we will have at a minimum snow showers saturday evening and maybe into sunday morning, and then tuesday may bring a storm, but warmer air will come with it. But between now and Tuesday may be the coldest air of the winter! Lows won't be too far off from 0 in some areas!!!! And even after the storm tuesday which looks to either be rain or a mix, we will have more frigid air, and of course the possibility for more snow.

-Scott Pecoriello