Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

-2 degrees.

The current temperature as of 8:23 AM and this Saturday morning is -2 degrees Fahrenheit. FREEZING. First off, I cannot mentally recall the last time that it hit -2 degrees where I live right near the coast of the Long Island Sound. The scary part is that the forecast for last night and early this morning was for a temperature of 9 degrees... and we got to -2... Something a little odd about that. I actually watched the temperature drop. At 8:18 it was 4 degrees, at 8:20 it go down to 0, and then by 8:23 we had a temperature of -2 degrees. Just wanted to do a quick update on this because it was so startling. Before I go, just something to think about... Sunday night into Monday morning the forecasted low is 0 degrees fahrenheit. So the fact that the temperature last time was about 11 degrees lower than forecasted, scares me that we could have a temperature of -11 degrees when I wake up to go to school on Monday... Plus the wind... I'm not saying its going to happen, but it certainly is a possibility.

-Scott Pecoriello