Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Snowstorm

I am afraid to admit it, but when I just checked the snow outside my house, there's about 2.5 inches on the pavement, and about 3 inches on the grass. Let me tell you since early this morning it has been snowing at a really good clip, but didn't really start sticking well till about 12:00 PM or so, and thats when the snow got really heavy around here. So lets see 3 hours and 20 minutes of good snow with 2.5-3 inches... Not too bad. About 1 inch per hour of snow which is fairly good. Probably another hour of an inch of snow per hour which bumps it up to 3.5 inches on the pavement and about 4 on grass, and then after that we get another inch of flurries and snow showers through tonight, so your looking at 4.5 on pavement and 5 on the grass... THEN, we have another low kind of associated with this storm forming to the south, which will just give us another maybe quick burst of snow causing us to probably get right into that 5-8 inch range of snow. So i'm still going with my forecast, but I don't like how I only have 2 or 3 inches of snow outside when I've been watching all this heavy snow come down. Keep it here, one more band of moderate snow coming up!

-Scott Pecoriello