Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick 1:45 AM update on the blizzard...

I told you I would not be missing a second of this storm, and I'm keeping my promise. If I had to guess I would say we have between 3 and 5 or 4 and 6 inches of snow about now in Fairfield county, as for NYC I can assume they have a good half a foot of snow or so around central park. So really good banding is coming in, one in particular just moved in and produced some nice gusty winds and blizzard conditions around the area. Not only that but snow rates were up to a good 1-3 inches with it. More bands like that are expected throughout the night. Latest from me is that we will get another 10-12 inches of snow before all is done. This is including every last flake of snow. There is some insane bands of extraordinarily heavy snow to the south and east of us. It may just clip us or at least enhance the snow, so that will raise totals. Looks like Rhode Island and Eastern CT (not coastal) will just be crushed by extreme snows, and into parts of eastern MA. This will probably be my last update of the night or morning which ever way you view it. Enjoy the blizzard. More updates throughout tomorrow!!!!

-Scott Pecoriello