Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More frustration

This is going to be really hard. I am tempted to change my snow map, but I'm not going to; partially because I'm too lazy to do so because it take me a long time, but also because based on just the radar and current surface data, and even past data I still believe the map is right. The frustration comes in when it comes to the forecasting models. The NAM showing less precip, and so are some other models that I trust a lot. So even though I'n not literally changing the map, I would probably like to shift my 6-10 inches of snow to the east of Fairfield county. Now I think the whole entire tristate area will receive between 4 and 6 inches of snow, with locally 7 or 8 inches the further you go into CT. Its possible that something happens and we see more or less. If I had to give a wider range I would say at an absolute minimum we would all need to pick up 3 inches of snow. And this is if the low really goes a tad further south and doesn't quite strengthen. Now at absolute tops, someone picks up 10 inches of snow. I know I just wrote this off the map for the area, but if everything clicks just perfectly, and the storm comes further north and strengthens quicker and stronger, we will see the 10 inch snowfall for some areas. Yes, I'm aware 3-10 inches of snow is a massive range. It would be a massive range 3-5 days out, but for the night prior to a storm I would use the words embarrassing range; but unfortunately thats really where we're at. But, the reason I said 4-6 inches was just make it easier for everyone. Maybe even 5-8 for the area, its really too hard! I'm going to say we won't know for sure what the totals will be until the morning hours!!! Stay here for more updates!!!!

-Scott Pecoriello