Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Biggest Storm I've ever seen... Winter is coming back for sure.... Plus a Westport Forecast that is a must see...

Weather Forecast:
Part 1: Very Sorry...
Part 2: Wizard of Oz Storm!!!!....
Parr 3: 1 week left of winter!!!! Or is it?
Part 4: Westport Weather(A MUST SEE!!!!)

Part 1: Well first off I would like to apologize for not updating at all yesterday, and then updating late today... Unfortunately I'm very busy and Not at home so that's the first problem... Secondly my computer, once again, is not working so I have to blog off my phone which is not easy... So, sorry for any typo's that may appear, and I will try to update more often... Enough about my problems though, so let's get to it!!!!

Part 2: Although I am blogging again it doesn't mean I have that much info... I can't even check outside to see this monster storm!!!! Right now I'm in PA so the worst of the storm is to the east... Never the less it's been raining off and on throughout the day, and now it's a steady rain... Also, winds are gusting up to 35 mph even this far from the coast!!!! Now from what I've heard and from some of the weather sites and news, it is like the wizard of oz near the coast from southern NJ to Southern ME.... Meaning winds gusting to 60, rain coming down at an unreal rate, trees down all over the place, damage to properties, and flooding like crazy (especially along the coast!)... This storm has pretty much targeted my hometown, and I'm not there!!!! So as you may have guessed, this is driving me crazy!!!! I-95, this is a warning if you haven't already been warned by the hundreds of warnings and advisories!!!! Stay inside!!!! Even east of I-95 into PA there is still going to be flooding, especially those with snow cover... Expect 1-2 inches of rain well inland... Places like Pittsburgh, buffalo, and toward Burlington... If you are just to the east of the big cities 2-4 inches of rain is possible... These are areas like central and eastern PA, Albany, and Concord... Now for the Big Cities 5+ inches of rain is likely!!!! Lots of flooding rains, gusty winds, and damage is likely around these areas... In fact, I would not be surprised if the coastal suburbs of these cities basically shut down.... Stay tuned here for more on this wizard of oz storm...

Part 3: Yes, only 1 week left of winter!!!! And it certainly feels like it since the past week has been in the 50's for most... Well yes technically there are only 7 days left of winter, but in reality it seems there is now a really good chance that it gets cooler after the 21st... What appears to happen is we get a storm, clipper system, cold front sort of storm that pushes some really cool air southward. And if the models are right it may actually get very cold, especially toward the Midwest... This storm may actually give some areas a period of wet snow before all is set and done... With this cold air set in place one has to wonder about any upcoming storms... It seems around the 23 through 25 we may have a storm in the form of SNOW on nour hands!!!! But of course that's a long way out... But for now I can say that it looks like winter will and pleasant while spring may bring some very interesting weather...

Part 4: WOW!!!! Westport is being slammed by this storm, and I'm sure you know better then I about what's going on... For more on what's happened I highly suggest you go to www.westportnow.com... It looks like we have one final band of moderate to heavy rains with gusty winds; after that there will be a lot of left over showers and wind, but not nearly as bad... Later this week and into the early half of next week it will be outstanding weather with complete sunshine and temperatures around or just below 60!!!! I can tell now that after the 21st it will be getting, what looks to be, dramatically colder and yes maybe, just maybe the word snow will come back In out forecast!!! For now, stay inside, but the rain looks to end by Tuesday!!!! And also enjoy that great weather that will occur later this week and Into part of the next!!!!...

Part 3: