Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Quick Update!

Just a quick update, I'll probably have a longer one tomorrow or Friday, which ever one works out better for me... I am deciding whether or not I should make changes for my snow map for Friday, and I most likely will... The system itself is going to pass way to the north in Canada, and the southern branch looks like it was sweep through the U.S., but I'm just not sure its going to be far enough south for snow in the tristate area... If something does come, it won't be organized enough to put up a snow map anyways, so for now I'm just going to say some flurries and snow shower will be possibly on your Friday, with Isolated areas receiving a coating to maybe an inch of snow... After that moves through the warm air will shove on in, and we actually may have a new problem... Who new that this storm could be a problem even if it doesn't snow... But let me tell you why I am excited...

The whole Tristate area may experience a really bad rain and wind storm on Sunday and Monday... We could be talking winds gusts easily exceeding 50, maybe even 60 mph... Along with rain of 1-2 maybe even 3 inches... So a monster rain storm... But now models are coming in agreement that the back side of the storm will quickly usher in frigid air in a short period, which is why I think we can still pick up a snowstorm or at least snow out of this one... So it may turn out to actually be one of my favorite storms... A Rain and wind storm and a Snow and wind storm... what could be better? An early guess of accumulations could be in the 2-4 inch range, but I don't want to get ahead of myself... And behind this storm we will be breaking records... Highs in the major cities could actually reach the upper teens!!!! VERY VERY RARE!!!!
Get excited!!!!

-Scott Pecoriello