Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Blizzard looking better and better

Just a quick update because I have a lot of work... The Blizzard looks good on the models but no guarantee it will stay... The models will probably go on and off with the storm, so the end result will be hard to decide... So for now I'm going to show you what the European and Canadian models look like vs. the GFS... I think you'll find it quite interesting, as it looks like we will have a big storm on our hands come this weekend... where, and how much snow are we looking at remains a mystery, but it looks like we could be spending some extra time with our families since we may be snowed in for the holidays... Just something that I have noticed with the models and forecasts is it is shifting toward the late saturday, all day sunday into monday scenario for the tristate area... This is bad and good for me... If it hits on sunday, I get to witness the storm, but my flight on vacation is completely cancelled, and if it hits monday, my flight may just make it, but i miss out on a blizzard... So either way there are some consequences, and im sure it will be that way for a lot of people...