Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blizzard forecast just getting worse and worse... Snow map is in!!!!

Finally I was able to make a snow, and even a wind map, and these are my current and maybe last thoughts on the storm... Enjoy!!!!



The bulls eye of this storm has shifted, and is now basically from NYC to Boston, right along that I-95 corridor where that potential for up to 2 feet is there. It seems in Providence enough warm air will come up with the storm that rain will mix in, which is why it is no longer the bulls eye. I am very confident though, that someone will pick up 2 feet of snow in the corridor. Now as for the winds. There is now a blizzard warning in affect for millions and millions of people across the I-95 corridor. Its not so often that we get a blizzard warning around here, especially in the city. The winds could potentially reach 60 mph with this storm, which would really make the storm plain out destructive.



So a real crazy Christmas storm on our hands, and if all goes right, this could easily be one for the records. Unfortunately, one again, it looks like I will be missing this storm, unless by some outside chance our flight is cancelled tomorrow morning which is a possibility. I don't want to hope that would happen, but it would be pretty perfect if instead my flight was maybe rescheduled to first thing Tuesday morning, but of course no guarantee on that. That's it for now. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas evening.

-Scott Pecoriello