Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quick update on Emily

The satellite imagery of Emily remains very impressive, yet the actual storm itself remains very unimpressive, as it is yet to have sustained winds pass 50 mph. My assumtion on why it looks so impressive is that there is just an insane amount of convection associated with the storm. I still believe it has a shot at becoming a hurricane before reaching Hispaniola, and it is clearly trying. Right now I believe the center of the storm will pass 50-100 miles east of the FL coast, and then basically stay that same distance, and follow up the coast. Meaning from FL to NC, there will be squalls of heavy rains and gusty winds. I do believe though, that the immidiate coast may experience more prolonged and heavier rain with stronger and more persistent winds. More updates to come tomorrow.

-Scott Pecoriello


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone